Hyperbaric Oxygen Opportunities Available for
Under indirect supervision, provides and manages direct health care for hyperbaric oxygen treatment (HBOT) patient population along with the operations and growth of Mobile Hyperbaric Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and HBOT therapy for referred patient population.
- Direct and coordinate the patient care activities of technician and support staff as required.
- Responsible for providing regular follow-up information about HBOT patients to their referring physicians.
- Supervise medical students and residents engaged in HBOT activities and procedures, as appropriate.
- Monitor patient attendance and contacts those noncompliant daily.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Participate in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
- Contribute to the growth of the program and continued patient referrals.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Ability to supervise, advise, and train clinical professionals and/or students in HBOT.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in HBOT.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Hold an unrestricted medical license as an MD or DO in the state practicing
" BLS Certification
- Experience and/or training in HBOT is preferred but not required.
- Board certified or board eligible by a recognized board in the specialties of Emergency Medicine, General Surgery, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, etc.
- Completion of a hyperbaric training course approved by the American College of Hyperbaric Medicine, the UHMS, the Department of Defense or a ACGME recognized fellowship in hyperbaric medicine
- Must complete all HBOT training per Mobile Hyperbaric Centers' policies and procedures.
- Must be credentialed per Mobile Hyperbaric Centers' policies and procedures.
- Must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check.
- CPR Certified
To apply send CV to Heidi Peris - Human Resources Coordinator,
Mobile Hyperbaric Centers, 127 Public Square, Suite 2400, Cleveland, Ohio 44114 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.